El μMPX, es un codec especializado incorporado para la radio FM, es capaz de transportar señales de FM multiplexados de alta calidad a través de un pequeño canal de datos de 320 kbps. Los requisitos reducidos de datos contemplan las señales de audio y RDS multiplexado de alta calidad , las que se pueden enviar directamente a través de IP desde su procesador hasta un excitador, abriendo enormes posibilidades para el transporte de audio MPX de manera eficiente.
Un aspecto del diseño del Omnia SST es su capacidad para limpiar y reparar audio entrante, la optimización antes de que se realice la compresión, lo que limita, y las etapas de procesamiento final. OmniaSST puede eliminar sonidos no deseados, tales como un zumbido 50/60 Hz de cables en mal estado, reparación de clipping “audio recortado” mediante el perfecto Declipper, mejorar el sonido de audio comprimido con pérdida, tal como material / MP3 MPEG2, y reparar automáticamente los problemas de desplazamiento de fase estéreo. Estos notables resultados de la estrategia de pre-procesamiento dan un sonido limpio, fuerte y abierto. OmniaSST incluye preajustes construido de fabrica, FM pre-énfasis, encoder FM y RDS, y utiliza el mismo decleping del Omnia 9SG. El uso de un computador con procesador de clase I7, permite reducir la latencia hasta un mínimo de 5 ms. Una interfaz gráfica de usuario simplificada brinda un funcionamiento sencillo e intuitivo.
Audio Processing Features
- Low-latency performance – Using an I7 class processor, latency can be reduced to as low as 5ms.
- The Perfect Declipper – A unique filter, also found in our Omnia.9 and 11 flagship processors. It detects and and reconstructs clipping-damaged audio (distortion caused by too-loud input levels and overly aggressive mastering), prevalent in music.
- Delossifier – Improves the sound of lossy encoded audio, such as MP3 and MPEG2 encoded audio.
- Constant tone remover – Removes constant tones such as a 50/60 Hz hum on the fly.
- Hiss reduction filter – OmniaSST contains a powerful hiss reduction filter that tackles hiss while leaving adjacent content alone. Especially useful when playing older songs or other noisy content.
- FM hiss removal filter – Removes FM stereo hiss from the incoming signal. Useful for rebroadcasting FM from a tuner.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – The ITU.1770-based AGC keeps the sound compliant to a defined loudness level.
- Bass harmonics – This filter increases the bass level without increasing the maximum amplitude of the bass, and adds harmonics that make the bass more audible on speakers with poor bass reproduction.
- Bass In Your Face – Intelligently adds missing subharmonics.
- Absolute highs – Reconstructs missing highs if damaged or removed by lowpass filters.
- 2-9-band multiband compressor / limiter, x2 – OmniaSST has two multiband compressors that can be used in series. They have a very natural, pleasant, and non-fatiguing sound. Depending on the content, they move very quickly when they need to and slowly when they can.
- Phasing error (AZIMUTH) correction filter – Detects and repairs phase shift errors that are often present on tape recordings and some badly mastered CDs. These phasing errors can make listening very unpleasant, and can also cause severe artifacts when converting sound to mono, encoding it using a lossy codec, or when playing it on a surround system. This filter automatically detects and repairs such errors. For FM transmissions this can reduce multipath distortion and improve the audio quality when the radio blends to mono.
- Stereo booster – Boosts the stereo width. It can be configured to not alter the total sound content.
- Stereo to mono conversion – Converts stereo to mono without removing sounds that normally cancel out during a mono sum. This leavies mono sounding just as full and powerful as the original stereo sound.
- Final limiter – The OmniaSST final limiter can transparently remove short spikes in the signal without producing artifacts.
- Distortion masking clipper – The same clipper that’s available in the Omnia.9SG. Now with a louder and cleaner “Rules are made to be broken” mode.
- Lowpass filter – The extremely steep phase linear lowpass filter can be used to cut off frequencies that cannot be broadcast, removing unneeded signals from streaming audio, FM and AM transmision.
FM Transmitter Features
OmniaSST is the first product to generate and decode Omnia’s proprietary µMPX™ multiplex audio codec that allows you to transport high-quality Multiplexed FM signals over a small 320kbps data pipe. Reduced data requirements mean high-quality multiplexed audio can be economically routed from an audio processor, over IP, and directly into an exciter, opening completely new possibilities for studio to transmitter links.
µMPX includes stereo and RDS data, which can be sent to the FM transmitter using a good quality 192kHz capable sound card. No separate hardware stereo coder or hardware RDS encoder is needed.
The following FM transmitter specific options are provided:
- FM pre-emphasis filter – Pre-emphasizes the sound, which is needed for FM transmissions. All audio processing steps take pre-emphasis into account, meaning that pre-emphasizing does not cause spikes in the signal when the final limiter or loudness is used.
- Flexible outputs means OmniaSST can output both the pre-emphasized and the de-emphasized sound, or the pre-emphasized sound and a partially separately processed streaming sound.
- FM stereo encoder – The software FM stereo encoder generates a high-quality MPX signal including stereo information, which can be fed directly into an FM transmitter.
- FM RDS encoder – The software RDS encoder enables broadcasting RDS text without using a separate hardware RDS encoder.
- Composite clipper – The composite clipper in OmniaSST can squeeze out multiple dBs of extra loudness with highest sonic quality. The stereo pilot tone and RDS signal are not affected by this filter, and the upper and lower sideband are perfectly symmetrical, so the MPX signal that comes out complies perfectly to loudness standards.
- ITU-R.BS-412 limiter – Mandatory for several European countries. The BS412 limiter in OmniaSST has virtually no effect on the sound (no extra clipping, no pumping, no gain riding), but still holds the output level up to the allowed maximum.
- ITU-R SM.1268 clipper, Multipath clipper – Mandatory for the Netherlands. OmniaSST contains a built-in software based exciter and spectrum analyser, which are used to analyze what the output signal will look like after FM modulation. The spectrum analyzer feeds back into the clipper in multiple stages, to very precisely control the resulting spectrum, strictly adhering to and even exceeding what ITU-R SM.1268 requires.